Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tubing Weekend

Saturday was one of the longest days of my life...
It started at 5:45am when I woke up to get ready to go tubing with my roommate's cousin, Connor.  (I didn't get to bed until about 2..) His work rented out the hill so he took me and we went up with his sister in law and her friend.  We were up at Soldier Hollow until about 10:30 and headed back down to Provo.
I had to get back to coach my Jr. Jazz team.  We had pictures at 12:40 and I didn't get back until 12 so I thought I had time to take a quick nap.... But of course Marissa called me 2 minutes into my 10 minute nap. She picked me up and dropped me off at the middle school where my girls play.  She was nice enough to go get some snacks for my team because the first time I was a bad coach and forgot I was supposed to bring treats.  We finally got all the girls there to take a picture then start our game.  The team we played reminded me of Kittitas... As much as I wanted my girls to go plow the other team over I had to be the good coach.  The girls said they still had fun so I guess that is all that matters.
After my game we headed to the BYU Men's basketball game where I was super tired. We were able to get TJ down in the student section to sit with us.





After the game I had a second birthday party.  Marissa, Nick, Mary Vanderholm, Kyle Richardson, one of my friends from my ward (Sydney Welch) and I went to FatCats to go bowling.  And like always... it was really fun.


After bowling we headed out to IHOP.  It was hilarious and I felt bad for our waitress.. Marissa almost killed me and Nick had something up with his nose... haha

On Monday Ky and I went back up to Soldier Hollow (she had never done anything in the snow before!) She said she enjoyed it and I had fun going again.



That night was FHE, my first FHE being a mom... and barely anyone showed! haha Hopefully more people come when it isn't a holiday weekend. We'll see...

7 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

When do you study in the midst of all that fun? or sleep?

sherry said...

Sleep girl Sleep or you will get sick. Oh yeah you fell asleep during my party!

Grappy Dale said...

You claim to be the "good coach"...where did it say anything about you throwing the chair onto the floor??? Don't tell me you are loosing your edge.

Whitni said...

I am so sorry for falling asleep Sherry! I just put my head down for the commercial and woke up two hours later... and dad, I did make them run at practice last night. I don't want to be mean..

The Ascanios said...

I thought you didn't make them run? And I was nice enough to pick you up AND drop you off at the right school, and you are mad I woke you up from your nap? Thanks...And you forgot to mention I got second place in Sherry's freaking awesome contest.

Whitni said...

mention that on your own blog! lol

Shannon said...

Oh, the joys of college life... it sounds like you are taking advantage of your opportunities to the fullest! :)