Monday, November 15, 2010

You're really good at that.

This weekend we went to St. George. A much needed trip.
We left early Saturday morning. Everyone else left Friday but we didn't want to miss the basketball home opener and we had a game/movie night planned with some friends. 
We finally made it to St. George after 3.5 hours, a creepy guy trying to sell us tires, an amazing Subway, a gas station with a pretty impressed deer on the wall, guys with inappropriate signs and lot of good ol country music. 

When we got there we decided to play some volleyball (of course) while everyone else went to get some lunch.  After a couple hours of outdoor volleyball (which was a bad idea playing with only having a couple hours of sleep the night before) we decided to hit up the pool. We played ultimate football (a  mix of ultimate frisbee and football) in the pool. Probably the funnest game I have ever played. Our team rocked and we had only two guys (the other team at four) and they also had two extra people on their team. We won, obviously, even if guys had to guard Marissa and I. We then decided to hit up a Mexican restaurant in town (after having 15+ people take showers). It was around seven when we left to eat (keep in mind that we hadn't eaten since 12 maybe? We got the restaurant and all I wanted was chips and salsa. I was super sad when I saw that extra orders for them were 6 bucks. What the heck? So i tried to make the most of the little baskets we had. But guess what??? We got more. Thank goodness because I probably had about three baskets to myself and the burrito I got wasn't very good. I swear I could live off chips and salsa.




We went back to the condo (which by the way, we didn't know but a guy that served in our ward awhile ago, Elder Burton, was the brother of who "invited" everyone for the weekend. Weird? ya...) and played murder in the dark. I was voted as a killer right away since I was found right by three dead bodies when the lights turned on. I was actually just hiding because I didn't want to walk in the dark because I was too scared and felt someone fall next to me. That round sucked for sure. It was an awesome game though. we watched Vantage Point after which I think everyone fell asleep to. 
we woke up for church (where a bishop bribed us with chocolate to transfer into his ward) this morning but of course, we were late so waited until the one pm church then headed, sadly, home. 




We did not want to come back to Provo AT ALL but absolutely loooved our mini vacation. 

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Mini-vacations are the best... I take one to Starbucks for peppermint hot chocolate at least once a week, haha.

Grammy Rae said...

I'm glad you are taking care of yourselves. See you soon.

sherry said...

Girls trips are the best. I am glad you got to get away.