Monday, February 1, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy

I guess I totally missed Shannon's Top Ten post because I didn't know she tagged me! I went to read it after Bronte posted hers. So here it goes...

1) Sleep! I think anyone that knows me knows that I value my sleep. I love naps and sleeping in. Definitely one of my favorite things. Here are a couple pictures that my brothers took. There are tons of pictures of me sleeping though.

2) Sports. I have always loved them and have missed them this past year! It is great to coach my team, though. They are great girls and always make practices fun.

3) Home. There are so many things about Manson and my house that I miss everyday while at college.  Some of them are... of course the lake, the smell of my house, looking out on our deck up lake, being able to sleep out on the deck and see all the stars, Sabri (I miss Trouncy so much and she was one of my favorites too), being able to go anywhere and see at least five people I know, and of course our perfect apples.


4) Laughing. It is the best remedy for me when I am in a bad mood, homesick or just exhausted with life.  Finding humor in things makes life so much better and happier.

Here is one of my favorite youtube videos that I always think is hilarious.

5) Family. My family is so supportive of everything that I am doing and I love them so much.  Here are a couple reason why I love my family....I love  my mom for always playing with my hair and making me such beautiful quilts. I love my dad for always giving me advice is sports and really everything else in life. My siblings, DeA and Rock (and soon to be Boulder!!) are always fun to be with. I love them all and I know they will always help me when I need it. I also love the chance that I have to get closer to my mom's side of the family while at school.

6) Getting dressed up. I always had an excuse to dress up with Apple Blossom but now, I only have school (which I don't like getting dressed up for) and my very rare dates. I love getting my hair done and feeling pretty.

7) Playing with babies. They are so cute and always fun.

8) Flowers. My two favorites are Gerbera Daisies and Roses.

9) Finding a new pair of heels (actually any shoes for that matter.)  When I find ones I like I have a hard time giving them up, especially when they are on sale.

10) Setting goals and accomplishing them. One of my biggest goals right now is to get into nursing school. And if I do that, I will definitely be happy. :) One of my random goals is to be able to do the splits again!


And now I am going to tag all my family members that have blogs, I don't really want to write everyone's name out but you know who you are.

6 comments:

The Ascanios said...

Ha you only want to do the splits again because you saw that 90 year old do them and were jealous.

sherry said...

What a fun post. So Pink tennis shoes would be good huh!

Shannon said...

Love your list! And you are pretty even when you are in your sweats :)

Aaron said...

Um...why didn't you mention me? I saw DeA and Rock...why?

Whitni said...

Marissa, that lady is my inspiration. And Sherry, I would totally get some of those pink shoes. Shannon, thank you. lol
And Aaron...I said my siblings... you are one of those aren't you?

Grammy Rae said...

Enjoyed your list. Keep up the great posting.