Wednesday, February 17, 2010

And Truth Be Told, I Miss You.

My parents have always done cute things on Valentine's Day. When I got a package in the mail last weekend, it made me miss home... a lot. My parents sent my sisters and I red roses. They are so gorgeous! They are seriously like perfect.

I thought going home for Apple Blossom would be good. But getting a little taste of home has made being at school just a bit harder. I wanted to stay home until I start back up in the fall.

Getting a package from my parents was what I needed. I miss them tons.

I was just thinking today about how much my parents do for me and how much I take for granted.  They are probably the best supporters for me through everything.  I miss high school because I miss having the alone time I got with them. When I was home in January my mom said something like this... "This is just like the good ol' days." I was kinda confused and she just said those were the days when us three were home and got to spend time together. It really made me want to stay home.

For Human Development we had to right a paper about experiences that made us who we are today and how they changed us.  All of mine had to do with family in some way.  I am so happy I have the family I do.

Thank you mom and dad for being great examples for me and giving me so much support. I miss you and love you!!!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

You are definitely blessed in the family department. But they are pretty lucky, too! :)

grandmaarlene said...

I agree you have wonderful family. It's nice when children appreciate what they have. Love you.

Grappy Dale said...

It was fun having you home after all the others left. It is fun having you at college too. Just think what would have happened if each of our kids was the last one home, how would that have changed things?

Grammy Rae said...

Okay you made me cry. It made it a little harder on me also to have you here for one day and then gone, but you will be here all summer. You'll get so tired of us by then. Enjoy the school experience.

The Ascanios said...

Thanks for the love Whit. Not...ha And I'm still pretty sure it sucks more not being able to go home at all for 5 months...Mom and dad should come visit us. :D

The Ascanios said...

And the roses are amazing. They are still perfect, sitting on top of our tv. I just sit there and look at them. :D Thanks mommy and dad!

Kelli said...

What a nice contribute to your parents. I am on Kelli's computer but this is Sherry.