Friday, February 12, 2010

Back in the Game

Ok, so Friday was the first day that I got to use my tortilla presser that I got for Christmas. Marissa and I made rice and beans to go along with them.  I didn't think they were that bad. I am not a huge bean person and I really liked the ones Marissa made so they must have been good. The tortillas need a little work but the rice was pretty dang good. :)
Marissa lied when she said we forgot to take pictures... We only forgot until the very end. 

Saturday, I had another basketball game. My girls are getting a lot better and understanding the game better. Here is my team minus one girl. 



Yes I know.. they are 3rd and 4th graders and almost taller than me. I have noticed and accepted that fact.

On Sunday we headed up to Sherry's for the Super Bowl. It was a lot of fun. I missed all the French food though because I fell asleep. I'm sorry Sherry!! It's always good to see KC, Sherry and her family.

We finally got a TV for our apartment!! One of Syd's friends had an old one along with a VCR/DVD player. All for free :) Now we are just trying to find a stand for it that won't break.

Wednesday night Connor took me to the Lakers vs. Jazz basketball game.  Him and Davis are both from LA so they were happy the Lakers won. We were up super high but it was fun anyways.

And last,  but certainly NOT least................

I got to play basketball again!!!!!! :) Marci signed me up for her intramural basketball team and I haven't been able to play in any of the games, until now! It was so much fun. My knee got a bit tweaked towards the end but it is feeling totally fine now. I am incredibly sore everywhere else though! Playing basketball is so much different than just riding the bike at the gym. At the beginning I was really nervous and not used to my brace but once the game started I was back in it and most of the time forgot about my knee. The brace is a bit restricting but right now I just care that it works and that I was able to play. I don't think the doctor really understood why I was so happy to get my brace. 

7 comments:

Shannon said...

Congrats on being "back in the game!" I wish that I had that kind of passion for a sport. I get really excited when I finish a diet and get to bake (and eat) chocolate chip cookies again! :)

Grappy Dale said...

Chayo had "leftovers" beans and homemade tortillas. I'm sure Rissa will sacrifice and help you perfect your tortillas. Glad you are able to play.

The Ascanios said...

Wow, maybe you should have gone along with me and said no pictures. Congrats on the game, I feel like I never see you anymore! ha

sherry said...

Looks fun and you look like a great coach. One all the girls would love!

Lindsea said...

Sweet! Congratulations on getting the brace :) Would it work for running the marathon next year?

Whitni said...

Shannon, let me know when you are ending one of your diets! I would love to steal a couple of those cookies. :)
And Lindsea, of course it would. I may not even need it. But I would probably never live through a marathon!

Grammy Rae said...

I'm glad you are truly back in the sport realm. Keep up the great work.