Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Marci Lucas Nelson

Marci and I have known each other for about 16 years. We have been friends ever since her family moved to Manson, of course with many many ups and downs. It is her birthday today so I wanted to write a blog just for her. So here are a few pictures, stories and things that I remember about growing up with her.

When I was younger, Marci's mom, Krisy, would always babysit me. I will never forget The Stinking Feet Club, probably the best club ever made.

Marci helped me gain my love for peanut butter because she would have it on EVERYTHING!!! One of my favorites is peanut butter banana sandwiches. Pretty dang delicious.


 I still think about our wonderful style back then when I see little girls in velour/velvet and overalls. We rocked those hardcore. (By the way... she stills takes pictures with me while choking the life out of me...

We decided early that we would feel bad for our husbands because many times we would wake up with scratches and bruises all over  ourselves when we would have sleep overs.
Speaking of husbands, we would make lists and lists of what we wanted our's to be.

We spent a lot more time together when sports started in middle and high school.

She asked me to be on her intramural basketball team this semester and I finally got to play last Thursday. I knew I missed it but there was one time we were both going after a girl to get the ball and right then is when I realized how much I missed it. And by "it" I mean high school sports. Playing with people who know exactly what you are thinking and you know how they play. Marci was always fun to play sports with and during senior year was great to have as a fellow leader. She is way good at sports and puts her all into it. In high school she was always the vocal one which helped every sports team she played on better.

During our senior trip with I couldn't walk and used a wheel chair at Silverwood, she was the one who stayed with me the whole time. I knew how much she wanted to run off with everyone but I really appreciated her staying with me so I didn't feel like such a loser. She even walked slow with me when we went to the mall. I appreciated her more than ever during that trip.

She always puts up with me.. when I am super moody, when I am just in a bad mood or when I am just a ditz. All she ever says is... "Oh, Whitni...."

We got the chance to go to EFY together.. and end up both getting sick with two different things. It was still a blast.

We were always able to help each other through that last year of mutual. We loved it, it was just getting to the end and we wanted to graduate and everything, you know...

One of the nicest things she has done for me is have Marissa and I sleep over at her house and sleep under the stars. She did this for me because I was leaving for college and was going to miss the stars in the city.  She had my favorite foods and everything. Too bad I totally ruined it by throwing up!!! I felt terrible but I loved that she would make sure I got that last taste of home before leaving.  We had a take two when I was home for the break and before we left again for Fall semester.

While I was at college and terribly homesick... I get a call telling me to look up a video on youtube. It was titled "For Whitni."  Here it is. :)

For Whitni

When we were running for Apple Blossom, I think both of us, along with our moms, were really worried about the results. Of course, both of us wanted to be Queen. But we knew that the final results were what they were supposed to be. We were able to grow closer and be pretty princesses together. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

I think one of the things that kept us such good friends throughout the years was the friendship of our moms. If it weren't for them I don't think we would have been able to keep our friendship. So, I am thankful for our mothers staying best friends.

Marci is one person that I know I can count on to have fun with and I hope she has a freaking awesome birthday.
 Love you Marc!

6 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

Happy BD to a cute girl, done by another cute girl. I miss both of them and their noise.

Shannon said...

What a sweet post... makes me miss you both! And I am soooo glad you continued coming out to mutual last year. (I know someone else who is also super happy about it!) Looking forward to seeing both of your smiling faces again in a couple of months.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARCI!!!!

Anonymous said...

I really appreciate you doing this for Marci's birthday. I love you even more for this. And you are right....I love your mommy. She's the best when it comes to removing melted chocolate. Krisy

The Ascanios said...

Happy Birthday Marci!

Lindsea said...

Happy birthday! You didn't mention her love of flaming hot cheetos and how skilled she is at sneaking a huge bag of them into the theater...

Grammy Rae said...

Well written Whitni. We all are blessed and grateful to have fun spirited friends in our lives.