Monday, May 30, 2011

"You'll know when I don't have enough air when I stop breathing."

While we were stressing out about tests, homework, work, school and all our personal lives we decided that a vacation was needed.  Stacey, Javier, Pepe, Marissa and I headed down to Moab. None of us have ever gone so it was an adventure for all of us.  We headed down Saturday afternoon, checked into our (tiny, gross, spiders in the pool, women's flip flops under the beds) motel room then headed down to the arches!!!

We first went to see Cache Valley.  There was a cut in the rocks that kinda looked like a unfinished heart.  Marissa decided to finish it.

Stacey got attacked by a bush and decided to fight back by falling on it.


After cleaning her up we went to the Balanced Rock.  Which looked like a fish. Just not in any of these pictures.





Then we made our way to the Delicate Arch.  This is where we first got a taste of the wind. And yes, we did taste it. Well, all the dirt that was flying around.  We also said goodbye to Pepe's hat which was taken by the wind.  We just hope some kind of rodents are enjoying it as a new home.


We went out to eat in downtown MOAB.  I was being tortured by all the jeeps and Javi was being tortured by all the motorcycles.

We were going to wake up early to get some sunrise pictures.  We are college students on vacation, you really think we would? Woke up just in time to get ready and check out before noon and headed back to the arches.

First was the Sand Dune Arch which Javi and I climbed on top of.  Don't worry, mom, I was careful.  This is where we had tons of sand in our shoes.  Not smart enough to take off our shoes.  



Further past this arch was the (not very broken) Broken Arch which Javi and Pepe climbed to the top of.  A lady there reminded me of mom because she had to look away because she was so worried.  They were careful too and survived.  






We then headed out to hike the 17ish mile hike around the rest of the arches.  It was so much fun.  The beginning was a paved walkway that just seemed too touristy.  Once we got up higher we got to climb random rocks, get scared we were on the wrong trail if on one at all, were by ourselves for a majority of the time and got to see some sweet sights.  We were like little kids jumping around the rocks and getting excited about different places to climb and explore.  Marissa peed on me, made me throw up my Crystal Light by making me laugh and jumped up and down clapping her hands when we met people from Washington.  She is glad I am her sister because if she peed on anyone else they probably would have cried, no one else laughed at the joke she made when I threw up my Crystal Light and I am the only one who understands why she got so excited when we met someone from Washington. 

The trip was so much fun!!






6 comments:

Christallion said...

Ew. I can't believe she peed on you. Why would she pee on you!? I'm glad you guys are having fun! I feel totally left out while you guys do all this fun stuff...but whatever. Be safe and tell Marissa that, even though you two are sisters, peeing on someone is not okay unless they have been stung by a jellyfish.

Sara said...

You should have watched that movie about the guy who had to cut off his arm because he was trapped down there!

Grappy Dale said...

So glad my daughters are mature enough to spend a couple of days in the wilderness and not have to be rescued.

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures - I especially like the heart! :)

Not sure what to say about Marissa peeing on you... I guess that is a special memory you will never forget, haha.

Kelli said...

Looks like tons of fun, and so beautiful. Awesome that you can take some time to do fun things like that! Live it up!

Carrie said...

Love the pictures! Your comments about Marissa remind me of growing up with my older sister. I sure wish we had stayed close. Oh the stories I could tell.....