Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Truly An Inspiration

Sheri LaMar was my first grade teacher.  She truly understood what it took to be exceptional.  I have learned so much from her not just by being her student but by seeing her through her fight with cancer. She always had a positive attitude which is difficult for many people that went through similar trials.  I had the chance to talk about her in one of my Consumer Health lectures.  We were talking about how our attitude can change outcomes on situations.  My professor was very touched by the story and could tell that she was an extraordinary individual.  She had a very clear understanding of Heavenly Father's plan and accepted this challenge.  I am very lucky to have had her in my life.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I only casually knew Sheri, but will miss her positive outlook and smile. "Inspiration" is the perfect word to describe her.

Grammy Rae said...

I love your words. When you were blessed to be in her class I was right next door. It was a great time to be teaching with her.

Grappy Dale said...

Learning positive attributes from great people help us develop them also.