Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Zachary S. Scoffield

I absolutely HATE saying goodbye to people.  Especially when I have seen them pretty much everyday for the past four months and I have to say goodbye for two years.  I have had many friends go on missions but I have never been this close to someone that was outside of family leave.  Yesterday was our last day to see Zach before he headed into the MTC (which will be a brutal 2 months because he will be a mile away from us still).  We had a nice small bonfire planned for last night with our little group of friends for a last hang out.  Zach had errands to run so he wouldn't be down until 7.  I was at Junior's at around four when the door opens and in walks Zachary.  Junior and I were so excited.  He had been in Fresno packing for the last few days. What a great surprise.  We met and talked to his parents while he showered.  They are so sweet and I could tell they were having a hard time letting him go like we were.  We had a great time at the bonfire and took plenty of pictures, but it seems like we will still not have enough to hold us over for two years.

Zach will be a fantastic missionary and the people of New York better know that they are lucky.  I will miss him tons!









Good luck Zachary!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Missionary farewells are bittersweet. But now you have somebody else to write to!

The Ascanios said...

I'm going to miss Zachary!

Junior Fevanga said...

I'll miss that Brother of ours!!! WE LOVE YOU ZACHARY S. SCOFFIELD!!!