Monday, October 4, 2010

Ticket to Ride

This weekend was more on the eventful side... Well, sorta. Friday started out with a three hour nap after my Anatomy lab. Perfect way to start the weekend. Chris and Aaron (a couple friends from my last ward) had an intramural volleyball game later that night so Marissa and I went to watch and cheer them on.  Later that night we went to Nightmare on 13th. Before even going inside I smacked my head trying to get away from a guy dressed up with a horse skeleton mask or something and standing on stilts. Marissa and I pretty much peed our pants the whole time while the guys were trying not to laugh at how ridiculous we were being. There were some pretty cool rooms and walkways with moving floors and weird walls, though.  The guys enjoyed scaring us the rest of the weekend because apparently we are the jumpiest most easily scared girls. Hard to believe right?

Saturday I was a good girl and actually watched conference. Well, the morning session at least.  I fell asleep during the afternoon session because I only had about 5 hours of sleep the night before. Marissa and I then made crepes and played some Rummikub (I hate playing Phase 10 with her because she always freaking wins). After eating crepes we headed to FatCats to bowl.  Apparently they have a "list" that the manager was surprised we weren't on since we went bowling pretty much every weekend last year.  We paid for two hours but after the first hour all of us were all worn out, except Brian and Kyle who enjoyed their own lanes for the last 45 minutes.

Yesterday I woke up right as conference was starting, pulled my lap top on my stomach and watched the morning session in bed. Between sessions Chris and Aaron came over to play Ticket to Ride. None of us had really played before besides Chris.  The first game I had no idea what the crap I was doing so kinda screwed up the end for everyone (I tried reading the tips online on how to play but they weren't any help). Oh well, that's what they get. It's a really fun game and if you haven't played it, you definitely need to. Marissa and I are super anxious to play again now that we know how to play.  She pointed out that it's one of those games that you keep thinking of strategies and just want to keep playing, kinda like when we were all addicted to Tetris last semester.  Hopefully this game doesn't consume my life like Tetris did.  After the afternoon session and our Sunday naps, Marissa and I headed over to Selene's to drop off her keyboard stand and.... eat a little bit of Mexican. YUM! Of course, it made me miss home. And, it made me want to make more rice and attempt making tortillas again so I can have an endless supply to myself.  I want to learn how to make Arroz con Pollo like they make it at La Brisa or that restaurant by Aaron's.  My favorite.

Tomorrow we have our next game in the tournament.  We have to win 7 games in a row in order to win the whole thing. Think we can do it? We better, I want that shirt!!! 

3 comments:

The Ascanios said...

When did we eat a Mexican? haha

Shannon said...

Wasn't conference amazing? Watching on a laptop while still in pj's is icing on the cake! Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend.

Grammy Rae said...

Hope you're breathing after that whirlwind weekend.