Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tournament Time

Tonight was the first round for intramural volleyball. During the regular season we never won a game. We play really well but just could never win. Tonight we did awesome during our first game (well, the second game in the match wasn't but that's okay). We won that match and had to play right after against a team that was a lower seed than us and it was going to be their first game. How lame is that??? So, the first game we beat them like 25-12. Awesome, right? The second game we should have won and only lost by I think 2. The ref kept saying the ball hit the antenna when our girl would hit it but it would hit the net and the antenna would shake. We fixed it and guess what? We didn't have any more hits "hit the antenna." We lost that match. It was super frustrating considering how bad we beat them the first game and how we knew we should have beat them.  I don't like losing. And I don't like losing to obnoxious teams. It kinda brought back the competitiveness I had back in high school and all the memories with it. Hopefully our next game will be better. Even though we can't win the tournament and get free t shirts anymore. Oh well.

3 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

Proud of you for playing for the enjoyment. Sorry you got your Mother's deadly competitive spirit instead of my "happy to be here" one.

Shannon said...

Sorry. :( I am not particularly competitive unless I feel like something isn't fair, and it sounds like you had a good reason to feel disappointed.

On a happier note, I love your new blog header!

Kurt said...

I spent 4 years trying to win a BYU Intramural champs tshirt. Made it to the finals twice in basketball but never won. One of the bigger disappointments in my life.

Good luck the rest of the way.