Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sophomore Year So Far


This is my fourth week back at school and things are still going really well. I am taking Anatomy (which I have aced all the quizzes so far), Teachings of the Living Prophets, Chronic Disease Prevention and Control, Advanced First Aid, basketball and volleyball.  I am only taking 12 credits so so my schedule isn't too bad. I was going to take Spanish but decided that I would be spending most of my time on that rather than the classes I need to get A's in. I can learn it later.
My roommate is Shannon Nelson. It turns out that her step-dad is Doug Frame's brother? I think... ha Definitely small world. She is AWESOME though. I am so happy to have her as a roommate. 
I haven't gotten a calling yet.. Which makes me nervous because half the Relief Society is getting married in December. I need a good calling before that. Birthday greeter sounds nice.
Marissa, Marci and I are all on an intramural volleyball team together along with a couple girls from my last ward (Stacey and Missy), a girl from my volleyball class (Shani), one from Stacey's old volleyball class (Megan) and one of Stacey's friends (Daylin).  I think we are pretty good... we just haven't won yet. The last game we were supposed to play the other team forfeited so we got a "win". Good thing we aren't ranked by how many games we win but how good we are. I have a friend that refs so hopefully she helps us out a bit. She did tell me that our team is one of few that can actually bump, set, spike. Sad, huh? We have a game tonight so hopefully they show up and we can actually beat them.
When dad came down to visit he brought us some apples. :) Marissa and I took advantage of them (and grandma's kitchen) on Saturday to make some pies and apple crisp. My roommates are way excited to use some Washington apples to make a few of their own things because I still have over a box left! 
That's it for now. Hopefully something exciting enough to post happens soon. 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like you are plenty busy - congrats on acing those tests! I know B was hankering after WA apples, so if you have a few left, she can probably take some off your hands. :)

Grammy Rae said...

Thanks for the update. It's great to see how life is going.