Friday, September 24, 2010

Rissa Rae

Marissa is the closest sibling in age to me. We were the only two left at home when Nick graduated which meant we pretty much got mom and dad to ourselves. She was a good high school older sister.  She would let me hang out with her and her friends, which was a big deal to a freshman.  We didn't get to play on the same team together which was a bummer. But she always made sure I was prepared to play varsity sports. I would sometimes get nervous going on car rides with her because somehow she would find something to teach me about life. When she went to college and left me alone I was pretty upset. Mom has a picture that shows that perfectly. Now that we are down at school together she gets all the chances in the world to teach, lecture, make fun of and "help" me in life. She's a pretty good sister if you ask me.
 Happy Birthday Riss.








6 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday to Marissa!

Aaron said...

I like the second one with GIANT pictures best!

The Ascanios said...

Thank you Whitni! I love you!

Grammy Rae said...

That was a beautiful tribute Whitni. I'm sure all those wonderful things Marissa is teaching you are always great and honorable. Love you both.

sherry said...

Happy Birthday Ris!!!

Grappy Dale said...

It is so nice when the kids learn to play together well. Glad they learned it from their Mommy.