Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Football!

We had our last game of the tournament on Friday night. We lost... We started out with four players but ended with five. We did pretty good, but just couldn't pull it off in the end. I might be joining my basketball instructor's coed basketball team since one girl is going on her honeymoon and another burnt her hand. So, they only have one girl. I'm talking to him today and seeing if they still need me.
After our game Chris and Aaron came back over to play more board games. Someone finally beat Marissa at Phase 10!! I was proud... It wasn't me, but I didn't care.
Saturday I slept in until... 12:45. I haven't slept passed 12 in years! It was so nice. But, half the day was gone. We went  to the football game (it was awesome to finally see Bronte again!! I missed her!!. Also, half the fun of the game was Nick's reactions when good things happened. He was seriously happier than on his birthday.),
 hit up Taco Bell, then went back to my apartment to make some pumpkin muffins (Marissa made them and they were delicious) and watch The Dark Knight. I hadn't seen it before and LOVED it! At first it was hard to see the joker as Heath Ledger but by the end it helped to make it not so scary and just think of it as a strategy movie. If that even makes sense. It was a fantastic movie and I want to watch it again because I know there was stuff I missed.
Since we didn't start the movie until about 11:30 (we were talking to my roommate about her wedding, By the way, Marissa will probably buy her contract and move it with me in the winter) I didn't get much sleep and slept through my alarms and woke up at 10. My church starts at 9. Oops. Marissa and I just went to Nick's ward. We then went to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner. The lasagna she made was absolutely delicious. I had to unbutton my pants when I got home because I stuffed myself way too much.  Thanks again Grandma!!! 
Now I need to get back into study mode and get ready for my Anatomy lab midterm and write two papers. Lucky me! 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Sounds like another full, fun weekend! I love the football game pics - so glad Bronte got to be with you guys. Good luck on all of the academic stuff this week!

Grammy Rae said...

Nick must have been really happy because his birthday is also Christmas. The power of BYU football. I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend.