Monday, October 18, 2010

Bull Ridin'

Just to catch up a little... I went into basketball class Tuesday and my instructor let me know he added me to his basketball team. I didn't give him my netID. He was kinda desperate for players so looked it up and added me so if I did still wan to play I would be able to, since we had a game that night.  Too bad the only players that showed up were him and his wife. So, we had to forfeit. Next game is tomorrow night. We will see what happens.
Marissa, Nick and I are all on a volleyball team.  Team name: Volleywood. We should be awesome.
Friday night I had a sleep over at my old roommate's apartment (Kelly). She is an absolutely wonderful cook.  We had tons of fun catching up and spending some time together.
Saturday morning Marissa and I went to play volleyball with some friends and afterward went to the BYU women's volleyball game. We went two hours early just to get free pink shirts for breast cancer.
Sunday morning Chris and Aaron made us crepes for breakfast (thanks to Marissa posting her addiction of Nutella on her facebook). They were awesome. They made us try butter, powdered sugar and lemon juice. They said it was the classic crepe. I wasn't too excited about it because I have always have my usual strawberries/strawberry jam, whipped cream and powdered sugar. It was excellent though.
After church my home teachers came over and made us tacos for lunch. Super good! I was still full from the crepes.  Marissa usually makes crepes small and we both forgot that people make them big.  When we usually have four or five small crepes, we had 4 big ones. Pretty intense.  Before ward prayer I went with Shannon to her grandma's house for their Sunday dessert party.  She made this lemon cream cheese goodness. I will definitely be joining every Sunday from here on out.
Tonight for FHE we went to Thanksgiving Point to originally do the corn maze. The group I was with finished in about ten minutes. Way before anyone else. So, we decided to make our way to the mechanical bull. I have always wanted to try it. So I pulled out my 20 quarters and made my way up to the bull.  The guy was pretty easy on me at first but then decided I could take it. I really wish I would have worn jeans because the pants I was wearing were super slippery. I definitely want to try it again with my cowboy boots, jeans and be able to hold a cowgirl hat in my free hand.
I have three tests this week, a basketball game, volleyball game, line judging a volleyball game, the Haunted Forest and I have no idea what else. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Whitni, just reading this makes me tired... and full! Next time I want to see a picture of the bull riding. :)

Grammy Rae said...

You left me with my mouth watering and wondering how I can ever get you to come home to visit. You are having way too much fun.

Lindsea said...

I'm glad college life gives you opportunities like mechanical bull riding :) Sounds like fun!!

Grappy Dale said...

I think this whole post is a bunch of bull.