Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Remembering Summer

Last night Marissa helped me make dinner for Kelly (my roommate from summer) and Taylor (another friend from summer that drove home with me).  We made pasta with alfredo sauce and strawberry shortcake for dessert.  They live in Helaman Halls (where we all lived in the summer) and don't have kitchens so I had promised them a meal.  They wanted to bring something too so I told them they were in charge of bread.  They got creative and got bread from Subway, then added butter and garlic when they got to my house.  Dinner turned out really well.  We used the same bread for the shortcake as we do at my work.  Made me miss working this summer.
But after we ate we hung out in my room.  We all miss summer and how laid back it was here. Fall seems much more competitive.  I still love it though...

4 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

It sounds like a fun meal. I miss you both.

Grappy Dale said...

With Rissa bossing you around surprised there was room for both of you in the kitchen. It is great to see your homemaking skills showing through.

The Ascanios said...

I didn't boss her around, and I did most of the cooking, she cut things..lol

Shannon said...

Cute pics! You are so lucky to have family there to share in your fun times.