Thursday, October 22, 2009

Biggest Fear

So... One of my biggest fears is having someone break into my apartment or have a strange man come scare me.
Last night Marissa, Nick and I drove down to my Aunt Sherry's house to spend the night. My dad and Aaron were stopping on their way from Iowa to Oregon. They were going to get to her house at about 5 or 6 in the morning. So we went to bed and assumed that we would see them in the morning.
I was in the middle of dreaming about doing laundry (something I don't remember ever dreaming about...), when i was woken up by something or someone. I looked up and saw a man standing by where I was sleeping. I didn't have contacts in or my glasses on so it was only a blurring figure. Since it was also night, I couldn't really see who it was because it was dark. It wasn't until the man started laughing that I realized it was my dad...
It was good to spend a few hours with them on their way through. Dad took us to lunch at a Mexican Restaurant that Aaron suggested. It was pretty good. Although, the Chile Verde Burrito that Aaron and I ordered was red. But still really good.


On another note, I have been trying to figure out what to be for Halloween. I think Marissa and I are going to go look somewhere sometime soon. I don't even know what I am going to do on Halloween so... we'll see what happens with that. Marissa is thinking about being a pirate, a nurse or little red riding hood. but I am still trying to figure out my costume. I want a sweet one. But knowing me and my creative abilities, I won't think of a good one until the day before Halloween and still, it may not be too sweet.


So when my dad and Aaron were leaving, Sherry convinced us to stay for a really great dinner she was going to make us. After our naps Sherry came home from her lunch feeling sick. She didn't feel like cooking so Nick and Marissa offered to make homemade pizza. When we came back from the store we started making the pizza. Marissa put the dough all nice and even on the cookie sheet. I tried to help but skipped the directions. I didn't know I was supposed to unroll it. I thought she was just talented and could spread the dough out perfectly. We eventually gave up trying to flatten it out and just made it into a round thick pizza. I thought I totally screwed the whole pizza up and wasted a thing of pizza dough. BUT, it actually turned out really well, after the inside finally cooked.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

When did you start a blog, and WHY didn't I know about it? :) So fun - I am terrible at keeping up with facebook - too much stuff popping up on my page - but I will definitely follow you here.
Sounds like you had a fun time with your family, other than your dad becoming your "worst nightmare", haha!

Lindsea said...

It sounds like you guys had a great time with Dad and Aaron :) bring that road trip down here next time!

Whitni said...

Shannon, I just started like a week ago. It isn't a very exciting blog though!

Aaron said...

Well done, Whit, well done.