Sunday, October 4, 2009

Grandpa's Cobbler

So I decided to start a blog when my mom got mad that I didn't call her enough... Yes I know, I am a bad daughter for not calling her like I should. I thought a blog would be a good idea for her and others to know what is going on in my life if I forget to call her as often as I should.

Tod
ay, Marissa and I made Grandpa Leo's famous Apple Cobbler. After calling my dad for the recipe and getting some ingredients from my Grandma Arlene, Marissa and I headed back to my apartment to start the cobbler. My roommates and I don't have a 9x13 pan, so we made it in a bigger pan. We peeled and sliced eight big apples. Those ended up filling the 2 quart container over the top. We thought it was fine because of the bigger pan. Marissa told me that we should double the crust considering the pan was bigger than usual and the crust is our favorite part... After we had baked it, the apples somehow all disappeared. It was still delicious to us, we don't know how everyone else felt about it though. I am enjoying having siblings closer down here. Summer term was fun, but having family makes school so much better. Marissa comes over to make dinner with me a lot during the week and Nick made us some really good food tonight too. I am now looking forward to Sherry's bread and soup day tomorrow. I have been craving soup ever since this cold weather hit Provo. I am definitely being taken care of.

I hope my mother rae can forgive me for my awfulness and that whoever reads my blog doesn't get too bored.

5 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

Thank you for keeping me informed. Sometimes my heart does miss her baby.

Grappy Dale said...

Pretty good for a freshman. Now you will be expected to keep it up, not like Rock's but maybe monthly. Pa

Whitni said...

this will never come close to rock's blog and i have no idea what interesting stuff i have to write about... so we'll see ha

Aaron said...

WHITNI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Welcome to blogland - SOOO glad you are here!