Sunday, October 9, 2011

JIMMER TIME!

So, as most of you probably saw on Facebook, yesterday was a pretty good day!

But first! You get to read about my homemaking skills! I have been craving chicken pot pie so I decided to make one :)  It was really good! And sooo easy. Perfect for a college student.  Here is the recipe if ya wanna try it sometime!



·         1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
·         1 carrot, chopped
·         2 sticks celery, chopped
 1/2 can corn (you can probably put the whole can)
1/2 big potato
      1/4 onion
·         2 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and chopped
·         1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
·         2/3 cup milk
·         1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
·         1/2 teaspoon salt
      [I meant to put some peas in but I grabbed green beans on accident.  You can add whatever veggies you want and I think it would turn out great.]

Directions
1.    Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2.    Steam carrots and broccoli in a covered pot until slightly tender but still firm. [I kept them in for like 7 minutes]
3.    In a large bowl, mix together carrots, broccoli, chicken, soup, milk, cheese, and salt. Spoon mixture into pastry-lined 9 inch pie pan and cover with top crust. Seal edges and cut steam vents in top.
4.    Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown.



In the morning Chris and Aaron had a volleyball game for intramurals. Riss and I were saying how they should be so happy because we usually like to sleep in on Saturdays. haha We had to park in a further away parking  lot because the closer one was blocked off for the homecoming parade (I totally forgot this week was homecoming.. until Saturday).  So we were walking down the hall to go to the gym.  Riss stops to take a drink of water and I look walk a little further then look back.  There is a guy walking with his hoodie on and a basketball. I thought, "Holy crap it's Jimmer!"  Then he put his head straight down when he made eye contact with me.  At that point I was like, "Holy crap I just made eye contact with Jimmer... but he doesn't look very awake or in the mood to take pictures. I'll let him do his thing and not be annoying"  Then Marissa is done with her water she sees someone and since we are so short we can see his face under his hoodie and she says, "Hey! Can I have my picture with you?!" Leave it to Marissa to not think twice when seeing someone like Jimmer.  I felt bad for bothering him but at the same time, we got our picture with Jimmer!!! Thanks Riss for being annoying. :)



Then we went to the women's soccer game.  It was the game where they were raising awareness for breast cancer and we got free pink beanies! And they did a game at half time where athletes from different sports went and played soccer.  After the soccer game was finished a lot of the basketball players were just standing there so Riss and I had our picture taken! 


3 comments:

Beckie said...

You two look like kindergartners (sp?) compared to the two of them LOL. What a fun day though!!

Grappy Dale said...

Jimmer is lucky you two are only stalkers and not homicidal stalkers.

Shannon said...

Your recipe sounds delicious! And I am loving you Dad's comment :)