Friday, March 25, 2011

Catching up before it's too late

Saturday night we headed back up to the Bottomless Pit. It was a huge group of people but still went well.  We had a bon fire going (thank goodness because it started snowing and it was freezing) and had lots of stuff to burn.  We even found a free couch that looked way sweet when it burnt.




Marissa and I went to the guys' ward (my freshman ward) to hear Zach talk. When we were moving to sit down by the bishop's wife she says, "Oh Javier! You have some cute girls with you today! It is refreshing to see such pretty faces!" I love her! haha She asked us if we were in the ward and I said I was in it last year. She just freaked out saying she knew she knew me but couldn't remember if I was in the ward now or in the past.  She asked who was older out of Marissa and I and couldn't believe Marissa was 3 and a half years older than me.  Throughout sacrament she made the funniest comments. Zach's talk was awesome and he made our whole row cry when he "sweated out of his eyes."  It was awesome to see the bishopric again.

Monday night we went with them to Brother Quist's (one of the counselors in their ward) house for FHE. I love their family.  We played Beatle's RockBand, had a Q&A with Junior (really cool), held their frog (made me miss the ones that are on our sidewalk in the summers), whooped Zach in arcade basketball and had brownies and homemade ice cream (we had it last year and on the way up to his house I was hoping we had it again.)

He wanted to take a shot at carrying Junior. 
His wife pretty much had a heart attack thinking he was going to ruin his back. 

We had a game last night. First round of tournament and won! They only had four girls on their team and two of the girls were super nice. One of them was on our team last year and she is the sweetest.  I don't know when our next game is but I am excited!

I am definitely sad about the game tonight. I will miss Jimmer.

I went to Oedipus the King with Preston (the guy I went on the triple blind date with).  It was an interesting play and a fun night.

4 comments:

jen said...

I can't seem to find the 'like' button!

Shannon said...

A bonfire in the snow - that is something you will always remember! Sounds like fun times.

Grappy Dale said...

I like the couch fire, sure that went well and you picked up the unburned pieces. I seem to have missed the pix of the LIBRARY. Maybe next time???

Christallion said...

Way to leave out the juicy details of the date.