Friday, January 28, 2011

Good News

When I got my knee brace my PT told me I should use it for at least a year. Well, it's been a year. I have stopped using it for volleyball. It has felt totally fine so far. I still haven't taken it off to play basketball, and I think it will be awhile until that happens. But I LOVE not having my brace on. Hopefully things will keep improving!

Also, today was my last day observing Springville Junior High. I am exhausted. It was fun and I realized things that I would love to do in my own classroom and things that I wouldn't.  We are going to Timpanogos High School in a week, so I get a week off! So, no school for me Monday or next Friday. I am so excited. Hopefully I can get lots of sleep to get rid of this cough!

As for the rest of my classes, they are going really well.  I absolutely love my interior design class, although it is taking over my life.  I find myself evaluating elements and principles in buildings all the time.  Still an awesome class.. My health classes are coming along great too.  My teachers are really funny so it makes the 2+ hours of class not so bad.  For my marriage and family class we have to grow a plant. He gave us seeds in class and mine broke within an hour of having it. Now I have to wait for him to order new ones because he has had more people ask for new ones this semester than ever before. So, we will have to see if I can grow this plant when I get a new seed. Anyway, that's all the boring school stuff.

We have an apartment for next year!! Marissa and I are moving to a place called Chatsworth. They are raising the rent $45 at the place we live now so there is no way we are going to stay here.  The place we are moving to is so cute. It has three stories, two bedrooms shared, 2 1/2 baths and the outside looks like little townhouses. We are so excited!

Tonight we are going to the Film Festival so that should be fun!

4 comments:

Grammy Rae said...

I am so glad everything is going well. When are you moving? Is that for the summer? Get better!

Grammy Rae said...

I am so glad everything is going well. When are you moving? Is that for the summer? Get better!

janae said...

We have GREAT family friends we met when we lived in Provo, and the husband is the vice principle at Timp... I'm pretty sure, at least. His name is Fidel Montero. He rules! (He reminds me of an older Joel:). If you have any reason to find him, you should, and tell him I say hi!

Shannon said...

Congratulations on not having to wear the brace for volleyball - it is amazing the way our bodies (and minds/spirits) can heal.

I think your interior design class sounds sooo fun! You will have to fill me in on the things you've learned next time you are here! :)