Monday, April 26, 2010

Time For Summer

So, I have been looking and thinking about getting a second or a whole new job for the summer. I have worked at Lake Chelan Winery since I was fourteen and I am ready for a change and some more money. Marci suggested we apply to Slide Waters. I thought it was a pretty good idea so I applied, not thinking too much of it and knowing that the bulk of their interviews had already happened.
I had an interview with Fred and the new owner (I cannot remember his name) today and I think it went really well. I made sure to drop dad and Megan's names, both good names to mention during an interview with Fred. They said that they already have their staff for pool attendants and I was expecting that, but they said that many kids change their mind about working there either before the slides open or during. They said they would love to have me work a little at the beginning of June since a lot of kids are still in school and also as a fill-in later. They also said that a lot of the time fill-ins get more hours than regular workers and/or get moved up to a full time job.
If I can get  more money a week at Slide Waters then I will most likely quit my job at the winery because I am not getting the hours that I thought I would be given (at least for May) since I have been working there for five years. So, pretty much I don't really know what my summer is going to look like.

However, I do know that I will be getting my wisdom teeth out sometime this summer. I have an appointment tomorrow to see for sure.

And Wednesday is my final (hopefully) check up with Dr. Wahl, my knee doctor. I am hoping all looks good so I will never have to go back. We are going to stop by to see Rock and Ryker of course while we are there. :)

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Slidewaters sounds a lot more fun than the winery! As for the wisdom teeth, sorry about that. I guess it is better to have it done here where your folks can spoil you for a day or two than down at the Y where you would have to fend for yourself (not that your siblings would make you do that, of course.)

The Ascanios said...

Good luck figuring everything out Whit!