Monday, March 8, 2010

Volleyball, Finally!

Last Monday for FHE my family went to one of our ward's counselor's house.  They have some sweet games to play and we spent over three hours at his house. They had the Beatles Wii Rockband, one of the basketball arcade games, darts some other pretty cool games. He has a 16 year old daughter that whooped my butt in the basketball game. For dessert he made us brownies and homemade ice cream. It was really good, but not as good as our family's. Here is a picture of the group that went. My "husband" is to my left.

On Friday a guy in my ward, Derek, asked if I wanted to go play volleyball with him. I was done with tests and papers for the week so I decided it would be perfect. It was my first time playing volleyball since November 2008. I was really nervous and had no idea who was going to be there.  Sydnee Floyd was in his ward last year and she usually goes to volleyball too so I thought she would go that day. When we got there I only knew Derek and all the rest were Polynesian and Asian guys who were all really good.  I did not want to play after I saw them playing because I thought I would totally embarrass myself. After we started and I got my bad serves out of the way I finally got back into the feel of things.  There was a guy who hated me in the back row because I would dig all of his hits, that made me feel a lot better.  I am still really sore from playing but it was so much fun and I get to play again tonight!!
Later that night I went with a group of people in my ward to the men's Volleyball game. They beat the number one team, Pepperdine.  Marissa and I then went to see Old Dogs at the cheap theater.
Saturday was my last game to coach my team. I made cupcakes that Marissa helped me decorate like basketballs. Here are some last pictures of my team.

After my game Marissa and I got another massage. After that massage I realized how bad my first massage therapist was. It felt amazing and she got all my knots out.

Marissa and I then went to watch anther movie, The Lovely Bones. We both read the book and wanted to see the movie. We both thought that they followed the book pretty well.  Even though we both knew what was going to happen in the movie it was still scary and intense. I will let Marissa tell what happened after we got out of the theater... Marissa's Blog

After the movie we went to Red Robin with Nick then went to another movie with Kyle, The Princess and the Frog. I just have to say if I were a little kid I would be so scared after that movie. It was cute, but the shadow man and all the shadows were creepy.  After the movie we went and bought stuff to make White Lasagna (which my mom makes and I absolutely love) for Sunday dinner. It turned out really good and everyone who tried it loved it.

It was a good weekend and break. This weekend will be interesting because Marissa and Nick are both leaving..

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Whitni, every time I read your blog I want to be back in college again! You are having too much fun. :)