Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daylight Savings Favorite Memory

While talking to my mom on the phone earlier today she reminded me of last year's daylight savings. It is my all time favorite memory of daylight savings but some details might be a little off.

It was just us two at home (I think dad was at Spring Training).  While I was finishing getting ready to leave for church my mom was just kind of lounging around, playing the organ and just seemed that she didn't want to go to church. I thought she was in a bad mood so I didn't press anything. She always is trying to leave about a half hour early so she doesn't have to walk up late to the organ.  I finally got up the courage to ask her if she was ready to go and she just said, "I guess so," in a very unhappy way.
While driving in the car to church we were between our house and the school when the time got brought up in our conversation (sorry I really don't remember how. Maybe I asked if she wanted me to change her bug's clock or she might say how early we were going). I then told her that church was starting in ten minutes. She then slammed on the gas and was freaking out. I couldn't help but bust out laughing. She had no idea that it was daylight savings until I told her. Being my mom she automatically starts stressing, probably hating that I was laughing. I then told her I would call the church and have them find someone else, because Sister Duff had to have remembered. We got to church and my mom almost refused to go up and play because she didn't want everyone to know she forgot to change the clocks. And guess what? Everyone asked her and I about it after sacrament meeting.

My dad left again during daylight savings to go to Spring Training. I am proud of my mom because she reset her clocks last night at 6 (even though she kept forgetting if she did or not.) I still feel like I should have called her to make sure.

Sorry if this wasn't funny to anyone else, it must be a had-to-be-there moment.

7 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

It was funny up to the point you reminded her of it and I got in trouble for not reminding her LAST year or THIS year. Thanks a lot.

Beckie said...

Hadn't she just been called to play the organ too??

sherry said...

I remember her telling me that last year. Great and funny memory

The Ascanios said...

Ha I love that story.

Grammy Rae said...

Not so funny when it happens to a newly called organist. I was on top of it this year. I don't remember being grouchy, but it could have been I thought we were heading in early to choir, which I wasn't excited to go for.

Whitni said...

Oh ya! It was choir! I remember now. haha

Shannon said...

I remember this. :) And I can relate to the stressing - I always check and recheck my clocks, too.