Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Marissa- and Nick-less Weekend.

I didn't have any class Friday because my only class got cancelled. So pretty much, I had a three day weekend. I slept in until 10 then got ready for a meeting with a TA for my paper. At three I played volleyball with Derek again. We weren't able to play very much because there were more people than there usually is Friday and BYU's men's volleyball "B squad" took over one side of the net. The net was at the mens' height so I had a really hard time hitting over the net. I could walk under the net and not have to duck. It was tall... I did get one hit that the team couldn't block. Yeah... they tried to block on me. It was still fun though and cool to play those guys.
At six thirty I got picked up for my date. His name is Chris and he is in my FHE group. We went with another guy from my FHE and his date.  We met up with more people when we got to the show. One of the guys had been there for a couple hours so we got pretty good seats.  The show was really funny. They made fun of Avatar and if you hadn't seen it, it wouldn't have been funny. Only Chris and I had seen in out of the people in our group so everyone else was kind of confused. After the show we went to dinner at the Macaroni Grill.  I got the Pollo Limone Rustica. It was really good. 
After dinner we went back to their apartment to watch A Beautiful Mind. It was pretty good, but a bit different.
This morning I had a three hour review for American Heritage. There were so many people that I was one of about fifteen that had to sit out in the hall and could barely hear. About ten minutes before I was going to leave they come tell us that there are two more rooms they are having reviews in. Yeah, that would have been nice to know earlier so I would have actually gotten something out of the review...
After those pointless hours I headed over to the baseball game. I met up with a girl that was in my summer ward, Brittney, who absolutely loves baseball.  The beginning of the game was horrible. UW had two homeruns in the first inning. At one point it was 3-12. Cougs losing... By the end of the 6th inning it was 10-12. It was an awesome comeback. Between the 6th and 7th they covered the field because of snow. At BYU games they always do games to keep us entertained.  During the snow delay they had a couple go up and they were playing "a new game." There were two boxes with an item hidden underneath. One was lame and one was pretty sweet.  The guy went first and got a t-shirt. The girl then lifts up the other box and the announcer says, "It appears to be an engagement ring." I witnessed my first proposal at BYU. And yes, they are getting married, unless she just didn't want to say no in front of a bunch of strangers. After about twenty minutes waiting for the snow to stop we left.
I then headed to play some volleyball with a couple people. All of us were tired and had no energy so it the rallies were terrible. Still fun, though.
Afterward Derek took me out to eat at Legend's Grill. We shared a pizza and yes.. I ate way too much. Probably more than a girl should on a date. Oh well. It was good and I'm not one to waste food.
Now I am at home about to start writing my Social Competence paper for Human Development while soaking my feet in my sweet "Home Spa Kit."

And I just saw that it was the 13th. I have been 19 for two whole months. I still don't feel like an adult.


5 comments:

Aaron said...

Well done, Whitni. Well done. Two free meals in one weekend!!

Lindsea said...

i love you.
i love your blog picture.
miss you.
visit me.
nap time.

Grammy Rae said...

It sure sounds like a lonely weekend.

Shannon said...

TWO dates? I am happy to see you changed from a "lonely weekend" to a "Marissa and Nick-less Weekend." If you were lonely with two dates, I would wonder about you! :)

The Ascanios said...

Haha Sorry Whit. I'm glad your dates went well, I'll be home Thursday night!