Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ms. Graceful

I am really clumsy.  Always have been and probably always will.  I have fallen down many stairs, tripped over flat surfaces, slipped into puddles, and now... fallen off a horse.

Yup. A horse.  

One minute I was on it and the next I was on the ground.

Seriously, I don't remember how it happened. I just remember getting up from the ground and being super embarrassed.  

Tyler (the guy who taught us how to lasso) took me up to his horse to teach me how to get a horse ready to ride because I have to know in order to volunteer at Courage Reins.  So we went up and he taught me how to do the halter, the bridle and the saddle.  He then took Gunner out to warm him up and stuff and then let me take him around a few times.  I couldn't lope or anything cause I was too short for the stirrups.  First embarrassing thing, but I'm used to that. But since Gunner has a hard time with other riders he didn't want to leave Tyler so Tyler got on and we went around a few more times.  Then Tyler asked if I wanted to lope.  So we switched places so he could steer better.  So I was on the back and we start going.  I was having SUCH a hard time not bouncing back and forth and could tell it wouldn't last long.

It lasted a lot shorter than I thought.  Like 10 seconds. 

Dirt was everywhere.  Down my pants, down my shirt, in my mouth, in my pockets, in my hair... and I found dirt in my ear 2 hours later.  

I am probably the most elegant and graceful woman out there.  Watch out guys!

But seriously... you may want to cause you just might be pulled off a horse with me.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

I imagine it didn't feel very good being dumped on your hind end, either!

Today when I saw your sisters at Super Saturday, it made me miss you so much!!! See you at Christmas?

Grappy Dale said...

Well at least if it was in a rodeo you woulda made the 8 second ride. So are you not gonna try a hippo like you said?