Friday, August 19, 2011

Hunger Games

Okay, so... During this trip I got the chance to finally read for fun! And I took full advantage of this and read all three of the Hunger Games books. They were really good, even though I didn't like the ending of the whole thing  (I know a lot of people are wanting to read them so I won't give it away... Just saying I went to bed angry.) Anyway, they are making a movie that comes out in March. I am definitely making it to that midnight showing! I decided to look up who is playing what. A lot of the times I don't like who they choose to play certain people (Twilight for a HUGE example.) Anyway, here are my favorites that they chose so far.

Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss

I can totally see this.  She is really pretty but a little tomboyish.  I really liked her in X-Men . It is rare that I like the main female role in a movie from a book but I am super excited and I think she will do awesome.

Josh Hutcherson as Peeta


Peeta can't be super sexy but he has to be cute and grow on you as the book/movie goes on.  I see Josh doing just that.  He is cute, yes, but he isn't supposed to be the hottest thing you have ever seen.  I just hope that he plays the part well.

Liam Hemsworth as Gale


Now, Gale is supposed to be hot.  And Liam is just that.  SOOOO excited!!! :) He is definitely the one I am the most excited to watch.  I just wish he would be in the books more often so we could see more of him in the movie!

Donald Sutherland as President Snow


I don't know if anyone else would be able to portray what President Snow looks like in my head better than he can.

Woody Harrelson as Haymitch Abernathy


 Now, I imagined someone bigger.. Like Hagrid. But I can see him playing a good drunk.  And I kind of pictured him a little creepy, and I know he can do that.


All the others I didn't really picture or their actors just weren't that interesting.  I am so excited for this movie to come out! If you haven't read the books, get them.  I read them on Kindle Cloud reader.  My mom has a Kindle and I can read her books online for free. Wait no, it's offline... which is even better.  Read them to prepare yourself for the movie :)

7 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

Sure glad we didn't fly you all the way across the country, drive you up the east coast, take you to all those historic sites just so you could blog about some movie. I shoulda realized where the priorities are.

Lindsea said...

You make me want to read the books! I really should...

Sara said...

I agree with the characters you liked! What made you mad about the ending? I liked it.

Nick said...

I'll finish the series by tomorrow. I agree that they did an awesome job with casting.

Jennifer Lawrence was also good in The Bill Engvall Show.

Beckie said...

That Josh kid kind of reminds me of cousin Nate.

Shannon said...

My boys really liked the books, but were also super unhappy with the ending. It kind of put me off reading them... I hate it when the series finale is disappointing. It is always fun to have a movie to look forward to :)

Peggy said...

I'm excited to watch the first one! I am on the third book and will be done, hopefully by tonight:)