Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Finally, summer vacation.

A couple weeks ago was the England family reunion.  Marissa and I headed up for the weekend bringing along some cousins.  The weekend included food, swimming, food, pictures,  helicopter rides, jet ski, food and a whole lot of catching up with family.  I am so happy my boss let me go home for the weekend!






 While playing with Rock I had the following conversation:
Me: Rock, I missed you.
Rock: I missed you too Whitmi
Me: I missed you more.
Rock: No, I missed you more!
Me: I missed you more times infinity (thinking he wouldn't have a comeback)
Rock: I missed you more infinity and beyond!!

I have missed that boy.

I went back to Utah so take a CPR class, pack and move out of my apartment (that I couldn't be more happy to get away from.) Javi was leaving to go back home on the 6th and we weren't sure when or if we would see him before he left on his mission (which he didn't find out until that night) so we went and had a farewell dinner at Tucanos.  As always, it was amazing. And the perfect going away dinner. 






He is going to do awesome, and the people of Chile are seriously some of the the luckiest people.

My dad flew down Friday night to drive up with me.  I guess even though I am 20 I am still my parent's little baby and can't drive home by myself because I may fall asleep. It is always better to drive with someone, though.  And having it be my dad that I don't get to spend very much time with anymore, I was more than happy to have him as a traveling companion.  And you now when it has been awhile when he can't believe how fast I eat. On the way home we made a stop at Cabela's.  How have I never been there before? I definitely need to head back again when I have enough time.  He bought us all very nice shirts to wick away the sweat while out here on the east coast.  Just so ya know, the under armour polyester (I think?) v-necks are amazing.  

We flew out Monday morning after spending the night at the Demeesters.  Besides the fact that I can't listen to directions when the TSA worker tells me to stand still for 8 seconds and right after I move, everything went fine. Until we hit Atlanta.  Although I do have to say being surprised by Linds and Travis was pretty dang amazing.  Our flight ended up being delayed 3 hours after already having a fourish hour layover.  We did have a nice little show of two tatted up girls yelling to the workers and complaining that their seats were taken but they had been in the area for an hour (dad and I saw them walk by not even ten minutes before.) They totally got what they were looking for all along, first class.  Even though it was ridiculous, they put on quite the show that dad and I did not want to miss.

We finally made it to our condo to pick up Marissa and go eat at IHOP, where mom and Marissa were surprised at how good the pancakes really were and understood why it was called the International House of Pancakes.  I'm proud they finally made that discovery.

Today we hit up Williamsburg, so much fun.  I know my mom has lots to say I will let her catch you all up on her blog.  Here are a couple pictures for now :)












4 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

Kinda disappointed you didn't mention anything about the hair in the freshly made beds......

Shannon said...

I am so glad your Mom was able to go on the trip! Looking forward to more fun stories and pics...

grandmaarlene said...

Have a fun time. So glad Lindsea and Travis could spend some time with you.

Kelli said...

You all look like you are having way too much fun! Enjoy!