Sunday, January 13, 2013

22

So far 2013 has been incredible. I was able to come back to Provo a little earlier so that I would be able to spend a little of the break with Ste but also get some of my online Microbiology done.

Sherry was nice enough to come pick us up from the airport even though she was supposed to give the opening prayer. Thanks Sherry for your sacrifice. We got to spend a few hours at her house to relax a bit until people came over for Grandpa's birthday! Sherry's parties are always entertaining but this one was so quiet without all the little kids running around! But it was still great :)

We had talked about going up to the hot springs in Idaho and going  to see the lights at the Zoo but neither of those happened haha We were both just wanting to be lazy and watch football all day.  We did go on a hike at  one point though! So we weren't completely lazy! haha



 We welcomed the new year by watching Les Mis in theaters at midnight.  We didn't know what we wanted to do for New Years because we didn't really want to go to any of the parties here so we thought it would be cool to spend it watching the movie.  I LOVED that movie. And he did too, which I was kinda nervous about.

My birthday was today and it was awesome.  I was able to see Grandpa yesterday morning when I picked up my present my mom had sent there.  THANK YOU! Even though I don't need two ;) Kindle Fire. I LOVE IT.

I got to sleep in this morning.  I usually try to wake up semi early on Sundays because we don't have church until one but I like to read and stuff but this morning I decided it was my birthday. And I was going to sleep until the very last second.  SO nice.  After church I went to Ste's for their traditional Taco Sunday dinner and watched the fireside that was given by Utchdorf.  Afterward Ste brought out jello he had made in a heart shaped pan and inside was a little surprise. Okay, not what some of you may be thinking... It was a wrapped Hershey's kiss with a note he had glued to the bottom.  Clever huh? haha One thing that I love about him is how random he can be and he didn't fail that tonight.  This is after he cut out the kiss...



I was able to end the night skyping with my family.  I miss the little ones at home! It was complete with the boys singing to me and blowing out my candles, Rock singing my name in a rock and roll song, seeing Hudson sit up, Jens standing up, my dad making weird faces at himself, my mom and I planning on what we are gonna do when she comes down, and hearing the loudness that my home is.  I miss it but I am still definitely enjoying my time here too.

5 comments:

Lindsea said...

Happy Birthday! I really can't believe that you are 22. It's just not right. But anyway, we loved Skyping with you! You should have heard (or maybe you did?) how Rock got after Mom for throwing his homemade card for you away. He couldn't believe she would throw away "his presents." We will make you a new one. You are loved!

Grappy Dale said...

Good to see you survived another big day. We missed having you here but enjoyed skyping.

Shannon said...

I am glad you are having a happy 2013 and that your birthday was fun - sleeping in is definitely a good way to start the day! Have fun with your Mom ;)

DeAndra said...

Happy Birthday!

The Ascanios said...

How can 2013 be incredible if you haven't even seen me this year yet?! That's pretty messed up..haha Just kidding I love you!