Sunday, March 4, 2012

A small town girl does not do well in a city.

So I get homesick really easily.  I haven't done too bad this semester since I remind myself I get to be home for the entire summer and get to spend it with my nephews, my new niece and maybe one more nephew :) :) :) BUT that still doesn't mean I don't get homesick everyone once in a while.  Like, when I get choked up seeing a Washington apple box in Step Up 3 and have to take a picture of it in case no one believed me, or just seeing an apple at the store, or someone eating one... I wear my t shirts from high school A LOT. This is not only due to the fact that I don't have many others from college but I love to wear them because it reminds me of home. ESPECIALLY my Apple Blossom shirt or Grandma Helen's sweater.  Or how I get really excited when I see a Washington license plate or meet someone from Washington, especially when they know where Lake Chelan is.  Sometimes I fantasize about not have to stop at stop lights every 2 seconds or having to get on the freeway twice a week.  Sometimes I just get sick of Provo and the things people will say. Or the look you get when I say something that some city people just don't understand or care about but when I saw it in front of Marci or Marissa, they completely get it.
 Anyway, I have been getting little reminders of how much I  miss home because Marissa gets to go home  for a week and I don't.  Too bad I don't have any days I get leave and go home like Nick and I did for Thanksgiving.  That would be nice.

So, Rock called me last night.  This is how our conversation went...

Me: Hey Rocko!
Rock: Hi Whinti! I... I miss you!
Me: I miss you too Rock
Rock: I... I want you to come, too...
Me: Oh... I want to come home too, Rock...
I start crying and can't stop so I have to give the phone to Marissa.

Maybe I am a little more homesick than I thought? haha I have less than two months until I get to go home for four! This seems so weird but I am so incredibly excited!

By the way, 19 days until HUNGER GAMES!!!!!!

4 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

I just hope in the next two months we can get prepared for your visit.

Shannon said...

Your small town (and the people in it) miss you, too! You need to bake one of those fancy coconut cakes and invite Bronte and Marci over and rub it on each others faces... :)

Christallion said...

Always crying...what a woman.

Carrie said...

We miss you too! The only downside is that while you come home for the summer, Casey will be heading down there! I am so glad he will have all of you 'sisters' to watch over him! Maybe when you go back you can help him keep from getting to homesick. :) Looking forward to seeing you.