Sunday, September 11, 2011

Two Weeks Down

[Sorry, this is mostly a school and work post] As I enter my junior year in college I have seen myself being less stressed.  My freshman year I was freaking out about, well, pretty much everything.  I was trying to do too much that didn't matter and I stressed more than I studied. Now, I study because I don't want to get stressed. I don't freak out that I have a wrong edition for a book or no book at all.  I am right on time for classes and not super late (granted it is the first 2 weeks, this one might change) or super early (I was 20 minutes early for a 10am class because I was scared I would be late when I lived 5 minutes away from the building).  I skip the small talk in classes, mostly due to the fact that I know a ton more people now and can find a friend in my classes.  I have started my second job. Pretty easy and relaxing.  Still doing the snow cone shack. I think I have about 4 working days left! Yesterday I pretty much got paid to watch the game by myself.  Not too bad if you ask me (even though we lost...)

We have started intramurals! Well, kind of.  The other team didn't show up for our first volleyball game and we haven't had one since.  We are also doing flag football... so excited for that! Should be fun, but girls can be feisty! We will have to see.

We (Marissa, Stacey and I) are living about 4 steps from Chris and Aaron.  So we get to see their wonderful faces every single day :) Well, except for this weekend because they went to Denver. Last night the three of us girls were coming home and there were two guys from our ward in the parking garage.  They were lassoing things! So, they taught us! Marissa picked up right away, I needed extra lessons because I couldn't even get it around myself, and Stacey was pretty dang good too.  Don't worry, dad, I got it eventually.  Your daughter isn't a complete idiot.

Our project for the next 2 weeks is planning Marissa's 24th birthday! I think I am more excited than she is haha any ideas on fun cupcakes let us know!

Anyway, hopefully this video will make this post not so boring.

5 comments:

Grappy Dale said...

This doesn't go into trying to decide what you are changing your major/minor/living arrangements/classes???? Were you hacked? Glad to hear all is well.

Shannon said...

It sounds like you are off to a good start!

Shannon said...

p.s. - ask Janet for her recipe for tye-dye cupcakes. So cool!

The Ascanios said...

I AM excited for my birthday! lol And I'm excited for all the intramurals and fun stuff we get to do this year!

Sara said...

these aren't cupcakes but it's cute http://www.marthastewart.com/339242/monkey-cake